Sunday, November 4, 2012

NaNoWriMo - Day 4

Star-Date 004: (day 4 for NaNoWriMo) I began my morning to Andy shaking me awake at 6:00am telling me we slept in. we quickly dressed and gathered supplies for the day to come – SCCA race day in Baytown. Andy signed up for the SCCA monthly race. Where drivers race the clock. A track, which is just several orange cones strategically placed,  is set up in a parking lot. You lose time if you knock over a cone. Disqualified if you go outside the track (drive on the wrong side of a “pointer” cone).

I set out with my fully charged laptop to write while racers skidded and spun on the rain-slick track. It was a little bit of a noisy writing location, but it worked. No Internet to distract me. My writing spot was actually very close to the track so every now and then, when I heard excessive tire squealing, I would clutch my computer to me and find the out-of-control car. As I type this, (I am writing this while the race is still going. Again, no Internet Had to wait to publish) one of the drivers spun out at the finish and, as the announcer stated it, had a Ricky Bobby finish… he reversed past the timer camera to get off the track.

I would like to go out on a limb and say this might be a top contender for strangest writing locations. See my video below. 

 

Below is one of Andy's runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment