Monday, October 29, 2012

NaNoWriMo - Take 1

Because I am fairly new to the writing world, I am trying all I can learn more and more. I read writing blogs, follow writers and agents. Upon reading one of the new blogs I follow via Reeder, I learned of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) which begins in November. I've never heard of this, but I think it's a great idea -- Right up there with No Shave November. I however, do not participate in No Shave November... hairy legs and armpits are probably not what the men in my life want to see/touch. Besides, its supposed to be "Men changing the face of cancer," not women. So back to the challenge at hand.


www.NaNoWriMo.org

NaNoWriMo Challenge:


Write 50,000 words
Start: November 1, 2012 (that's this Thursday)
Deadline: November 30, 2012 (at midnight)




I feel a little anxious just thinking about it. So I have a plan, write. Now I need to settle on the idea of the writing. Should I write:

1. Part 2 of Heads Will Roll
2. Dystopian Pregnancy novel idea
3. Fairy f-ing up her wings and getting trapped on earth with the humans

I should consider starting part 2 of Heads Will Roll, but I hear conflicting theories on that. Some people say 'don't start the sequel unless you have written other novels to present agents', while others say 'complete the series, agents are more willing to purchase both'. 

According to Pam van Hylckama Vlieg at the HWG conference a few weeks ago, dystopian is dead, for now. That was the next idea I had, a dystopian novel about pregnancy. I'm thinking, maybe leave that idea on the back-burner. But I really love the idea and want to put it to paper.

Last idea, the fantasy about a fairy f-ing up her wings and landing among the scary humans. This idea intrigues me (as it should), but I only started developing it last week. Do I have enough to sit down and write it?

What do you think?... Bueller... Bueller?

No comments:

Post a Comment