Monday, October 22, 2012

To rewrite or not to rewrite, that is the question.

Good afternoon all. This is my first post as a Goodreads author (squeal). Okay, so I'm really not that girly and I really don't squeal... often.


Is it bad that I want to totally change part of the end of my book (Heads Will Roll) because of a query letter? I was working on my query letter and as I get to the "reveal" portion of the letter I start to think "Would it be better for the fiend to kidnap the feisty BLANK instead of the bookworm BLANK?" Ha ha, see what I did there. Shhh, it's a secret. I am seriously considering rewriting the last fourth of the book now because of that.

By the way, I have decided that writing query letters is equivalent to bathing my cats in the shower. Oh it's funny, but you run the risk of broken glass and scratches, and I swell up like a corps in water when the cats scratch me.

Sadly, after writing this, I think it would work out better to completely rewrite the last 4th of the book. (Sigh) Back to the drawing board. Why do I do this to myself??

No comments:

Post a Comment