Sunday, August 5, 2012

Olympic Fever!

So, I defiantly have Olympic Fever. I have spent a greater part of my evenings on the couch watching the time-delayed video.
My critique:

  1. I haven't seen a single medal ceremony while watching the time-deleyd tapings on TV. The only time I have seen a medal ceremony was when I watched the Olympics live on the internet, which I would suggest over TV coverage. NBC needs to pick up the slack.

  2. I could give a rats-ass about Ryan Secrest, or his opinions on the American Olympian. Who ever decided that Secrest was qualified to announce sporting events, let alone singers?

  3. Minimal, to no TV coverage on events which do not have a US athlete. The rare times the event was lacking a US athlete, it was because of a rare case - someone on the verge of breaking a record, someone with a unique circumstance, the Duchess in the front row. 

  4. Some of the outrageous sports in the Olympics. Equestrian as an Olympic sport but not American Football? WTF! Is it because other contries hate that we call it Football? Yes, yes, it's not "real" football.  

  5. And on the Equestrian topic- how is it no one complains about the purchased horses, but when a man borne with out feet competes in track and field with blades, there is an uproar? Sure, he has purchased legs. Probably not performance enhancing, but who's to say that Sally-go-Rider doesn't have a better horse than Wanita-Win? Is a horse performance enhancing? An announcer said something funny, he commented on the athletically of the horse. Stop me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Olympics supposed to be about the athletically of the human... not an animal?

Improvement from last summer olympics:

  1. Live internet coverage. It is easy to navigate, and you can instantly tell what sports are live coverage. Like I said earlier, I would suggest the internet coverage over TV.
  2. The song used for the US Women's Gymnastics team - Home by Phillip Phillips. I catch myself whistling it throughout the day... that the John William's Olympic Fanfare. 

Apparently that's all I've got...
Oh, one last thing, what's with the penis-like characters?

No comments:

Post a Comment